Saturday, December 4, 2010

Week 12: Last Week of Fulltime Mommyhood

Well, we've reached that point in time when work dictates that I return to the office if I want to keep my job.  I can't believe 12 weeks have already passed.  Admittedly, there were moments, especially during the first weeks. that I was unsure that I would be able to manage staying at home all day and caring for this completely helpless and dependent being.  Somehow I managed.  And, in the process, I fell completely and utterly in love with this boy, which makes the idea of leaving him for any period of time, let alone for 8+ hours 5 days of the week, somewhat unfathomable.  But, many have done the same and somehow we'll manage this too.

This was a somewhat eventful week too.  Clayton rolled over for the first time on Tuesday and has since done it a couple of additional times.  Of course we have no pictures or even video of his newest skill, despite training the camera on him even more than usual.  Clayton also seems to be drooling and spitting up more than ever before (yeah) and, for at least the first part of the week, reverted to his prior sleep habits.  Fortunately, I think he may be back on track again (keeping my fingers crossed).  Just a few pictures of some of our activities this week.

 A little pic to demonstrate Clayton's drooling skills.  We've taken to putting a bib on him more often than not!  I promise - no pictures of the spitting up though!

 Just a cute picture of my boy to keep me company while I'm at work.

 Despite the colder temperatures setting in, Clayton and I still got outside for walks.  He was so happy to put on his cutie "bear suit" to keep warm.

See - told you he was happy in it!  And oh so cuddly and cute!

 I spent a lot of time this week just sitting with Clayton to cuddle and hold him.

 On Friday night, our family ventured to our favorite neighborhood restaurant.  Clayton met one of the Brewer's Sausages who was in the neighborhood for the Downer Street Holiday Festival (nope - I have no idea what a sausage has to do with the holidays).

The formal 12 week pic.  The outfit was a gift and makes Clayton look even more adorable than usual!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Such a sweet little grin! Best wishes as you head back to work. It's hard but it becomes bearable.

Yoder Schrock Family said...

Thinking of you as you transition back to work. It is oh so hard but in the end so nice to have both meaningful work and wonderful family as a part of your life. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

You have to love the picture of Clayton with the Hot Dog - Classic Milwaukee.

Ryan