Saturday, August 13, 2011

11 months: Impending Toddlerhood?

Well, Clayton reached the 11 month mark this week.  It's incredible to me that he is almost 1 year old already.  In many ways the year has passed so quickly...but at the same time, it seems like just yesterday that we started this adventure.  Each stage of his development has been exciting and amazing to watch...  especially as I compare the relative ease with which he suddenly begins demonstrating new skills compared to the stories I hear from the parents of my patients.  Nonetheless, I think both Ryan and I would say that Clayton's current stage is the most fun.  He's so engaging and interactive.  Other than Dada and "uh-oh," he's not yet saying anything else intelligible, but he communicates so well in other ways.  He points, he waves, he blows kisses, and he has the most amazing smile and giggles!  We get fun reports from daycare each day telling us how he's playing and rough-housing with his "friends" and how he likes to cuddle with the younger babies (so wish I could be a fly on the wall there).  Speaking of daycare, we were told this past week that Clayton will be transitioning to the toddler room on August 29.  Crazy!  He is getting closer to that toddler status - he now spontaneously takes steps, maybe 5 - 10 at a time.  It's so fun to watch.

Just a few pictures of this week.


Clayton is pretty mischievous.  The moment our heads are turned, he makes a bee-line for the stairs.


He's pretty adept at climbing up.  He's scooted down backwards a few steps a couple of times, otherwise he just goes up.

I'm going to attempt to upload a video of him attempting to walk.  He's amazing at using his walker outside.  He's now recently begun attempting to let go and walk on his own.  He looks a bit like a drunken sailor, but you get the idea.  



He's actually done much better than this at other times, but he got a little distracted by an airplane flying overhead.

And here is the week 48 photo.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

So sweet to hear his little voice in the video!