Monday, June 13, 2011

Now we're really movin'

Week 39 has been quite momentous.  I feel like I write that every week, but it's accurate.  The boy not only crawls quite well now, he's also cruising.  Cruising around tables, ottomans, and a walker!  It's great fun to watch him make all of these major motor milestones with seeming ease.  One day he's rather immobile and the next he's suddenly "sprinting" down the hall.  We've tried to capture some of these activities on film, but of course the still picture doesn't really do it justice.  Anyway...


Taking a break half-way down the hall -



Unfortunately, Clayon has not yet mastered the whole sleep thing.  He still goes down to sleep at night and for naps very easily, but he can't quite seem to grasp the concept of sleeping through the night.  I'm exhausted and I think so is he.  Last weekend, he was so tired he was having trouble settling down for his morning nap.  Ryan was kind enough to help him out.  This is what I found when I ventured upstairs...


Isn't that too sweet?

Clayton love to play outside and we're having the opportunity to do so more and more.  Our backyard is great - we just pop outside with a blanket and play with his favorite toys - balls!  He doesn't really enjoy wearing his hat though....






My sweet boy.

The following picture is evidence of what happens when your child self-feeds and then decides to style his own hair!



And this is the official week 39 picture:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The little guy is a quick learner when it comes to naps. I love the picture where he has the hat on backwards and is attacking the camera outside.

Ryan

Anonymous said...

Love the nap picture!! Can't wait to see his moves in a few days!! Super excited. Hey I like the hair. What is wrong with the style. Ha.

Robin

Anonymous said...

He's really quite stylish. You should let him do his own hair all the time. I can't wait to see the Olsta clan in person. Only a couple of weeks to go.

Klaus