As many of you know, there aren't many major milestones or activities that occur during the first 3 weeks of life. In fact, Clayton and I spend a great deal of time just kind of chilling together. I'm definitely in love with this kid and am so grateful that I am able to spend this time with him. But I must admit that he is not a great conversationalist yet at this age and there is a part of me that is jealous of Ryan going to work and talking with other adults all day long. But, then, I look at this sweet adorable face and get over that jealousy pretty quickly.
One of him in an outfit I bought before I knew he was going to be a he.
Clayton tends to hold his hands in the cutest poses while sleeping.
Because it's just Clayton and I most days, there isn't anyone to take pictures of the two of us. So, I've been teaching Clayton the art of the self-photograph. Here are a few of my favorites.
...although he's getting closer.
One of my favorite ways to pass the time is to nap with Clayton lying on top of me. We sleep for hours like this (obviously, I'm not sleeping in this one).
We've gotten a bit better at completing bath time. Clayton only cries weakly now and Ryan sheds only a tear or two. Seriously - I think it's more distressing to him than it is for Clayton!

We have ventured out of the house a bit. Clayton and I went to Target together the other day and the whole family went to Sam's this morning. Fortunately, they did not charge us any extra for our one of a kind purchase.
And this is the week three photograph. Clayton now weighs 9 pounds, 8 ounces after gaining 1 1/2 pounds over the last 2 weeks!
3 comments:
So cute! Clayton is on pace to catch Leo in a few more months - then we'll see who attacks who when they share a crib! By the way, congrats to Ryan. Looks like he has mastered the potty!
Thanks for the updated photos. Clayton is definitely growing and changing.
The "where is Clayton?" picture on the play mat is really cute.
Can't wait to see you all next week.
Mom
That was a pretty funny one by Lisa. Maybe he can help me with Gavin. Your Mom is funny too. His hair is adorable. I remember those days of home with the little ones. I would walk the neighborhood a lot, have friends over for lunch, and practice my photography (they make great subjects). If we lived closer we could come over and chat. Avery would love to play with Clayton. Thanks for the update. Love hearing about Clayton.
Post a Comment