Monday, August 2, 2010

One Month To Go....

So, today is August 2nd. It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I'm expected to give birth one month from today. Although I am physically more than ready to be done being pregnant, it seems as though the time has flown by. The initial excitement and disbelief of finding out I was pregnant on 12/30/2009 seems so long ago. Pregnancy certainly brings it's own reality as the weeks and months progress. Fortunately, mine was an easy one - no major symptoms or complaints. Just the slowly (although it seemed rapid some days) growing belly, fatigue, and sleeplessness. Then, the recognition that I could feel him moving. Now, in 31 days (give or take some, I know) we'll get to meet our son. OUR SON! Just writing that phrase brings a smile to my lips and a feeling of butterflies in my stomach (or is that just him reminding me he's real?). I can't wait to see what parenthood will be like. I can't wait to see Ryan as a father. We've had so much fun just being the two of us, but I know that we're ready to have this family become three.

No comments: