Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Smiths come to Milwaukee

Alex is three weeks old!  Such a short amount of time, and yet Ryan and I are already struggling to remember what life was like without him.  Then again - that could simply be the effect of the sleep deprivation we're both experiencing.  Regardless of the cause of our thoughts - we're so glad to have both of these precious boys in our life!


It was a beautiful week in Milwaukee, so I tried to get the boys outside as much as possible.  Clayton was always game to be a "worker guy" and use all of his gear.


Alex just watched calmly from a distance.


Smelling our flowers (and digging) is also a fun activity.

 

Our biggest adventure of the week was going to a concert in a park down town to meet up with some of my work colleagues for a farewell gathering.  I somehow managed to get both boys and gear packed up and down to the park before anyone else showed up.  Clayton enjoyed a picnic on the lawn and playing with the 3 other 3-year-olds there, while Alex slept and was passed from one person to the next.


At the end of the week, Aunt Robin and cousins Avery and Gavin came to visit from Oklahoma.  It was a blast and the boys absolutely loved running and jumping around together.  Avery was a caring older cousin and offered to hold/care for Alex as often as possible!  On Friday, we ventured down to the beach.  While the older kids built sand castles, Alex and I hung out in a cabana.


Clayton joined us after while for a snack.


After lounging at the beach for awhile, we went to Northpoint Grill for a lunch of burgers and custard.  I think Clayton got more custard on his face than in his mouth!


Nana and Papa came down from Neenah on Saturday.  We were able to accomplish a lovely photo with them and all the grandkids.


The boys just loved being silly together.


I have to admit that one of my favorite things to do is to take an afternoon nap with my baby boy sleeping on my chest - I did this with Clayton a lot and Alex seems to enjoy it as well.  It's the best 2 hours of sleep either of us get.


The photo shoot this week wasn't quite as successful - I think Alex was worn out by the family photo shoot earlier in the day.  Anyway - here is his 3 week old photo.


And just for comparison sake - here is Alex on the left and Clayton on the right....they must be related!














1 comment:

Victor Koop said...

Love the pictures. Your family photo is wonderful.
It looks like you all had a great time at the beach and at home.
I can't believe how much Alex seems to have grown. He seems to be working hard to catch up with big brother Clayton.