As was true for most people across the US, the last week was a scorcher. We rarely did anything else than run from one air conditioned room to the other or from the car into another building! Finally, however, the heat broke yesterday and the day was absolutely lovely. As a result, we spent much of the day outdoors. We took a long walk down to North Avenue area, and happened to pass a local school undergoing some construction. Heaven for a little boy obsessed with trucks and construction equipment.
I really thought I'd have to hold him back from the equipment once I let him out of the stroller. But, surprisingly, Clayton was pretty awed by and afraid of the big machinery. He very tentatively touched the wheel after I encouraged him to do so.
I thought it would be a cute picture op to have Clayton sit in the shovel - he wanted no part of it and just walked around it tentatively.
On the way back home we made our first visit to the local library. Clayton immediately crawled up on the chair and began reading books. He loudly told anyone who came near to the children's section, "I'm reading!" We took out 3 books and have read each of them at least half a dozen times in the last 24 hours.
I had filled Clayton's tiny baby pool the other weekend. It was still sitting out in the backyard last night. So - despite my warning him otherwise, Clayton plopped in fully clothed. So, I just stripped him down and let him play. He was in HEAVEN!
It may be time to upgrade to a bigger pool since Clayton, although this one clearly made him feel like King of the Pool!









1 comment:
Sounds like you had a wonderful fun day, getting outside and seeing great sights. It is amazing how good lower temperatures feel!
Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment