Monday, October 10, 2011

The Post-Season

Unlike the rest of the Milwaukee, all Clayton knows is post-season Brewer baseball.  This 13-month old has already attended THREE post-season games.  And the Brewers always seem to win when he's there.  
  

Here he is, dressed for Game 1 of the NLCS: Brewers vs. Cardinals.  Although we only made it through 7 innings yesterday, we witnessed the best 5th inning EVER.

Having a 1 year old is just too much fun.  Clayton's personality is becoming more and more evident, and fortunately for us, he's just a sweet and cheerful little boy.




He likes to help out in the kitchen...well "help" might be a bit of a stretch, but he does keep me entertained.


Doesn't this face just say it all?



Bathtime is fun again for him...he just loves to play in the water.


Thought I'd take the opportunity to show you all my latest (ok, only) craft project.  Clayton's school posts "family boards" for all of the kids.  This is what I came up with for Clayton.  Yes, there are dogs and trucks all over the place - in addition to pictures of each of you, they are some of his favorite things to look at.

   

Clayton was playing peek-a-boo behind a chair in our living room.  I was just sticking the camera behind the chair and snapping pics - these are the looks I captured.  Priceless indeed!

Clayton also seems to be learning at a rapid-fire pace.  Per an e-mail from Ryan I received this am...


"I have to tell you some great Clayton stories from this morning.  He has completely figured out talking.

Words from this morning (unprompted)
Gorilla
Banana
Clifford
Car
(He would point and say to either Clifford or a car if they appeared on the page)
Shoes
Yes – he answered many questions."  

For some reason, unlike most children, Clayton seems to prefer multi-syllable words rather than simple single-syllable words like, Hi, Bye, or no!  Go figure.  (just a side note - the stories that went along with Clayton's utterance of each of the words above were just priceless too).

We just love this boy.







1 comment:

Irene said...

Thanks for the up dates. It is so good to be able to follow all the fun things Clayton is doing. His smiles are so precious.

love, oma