Monday, September 19, 2011

And now he's 1!


My baby boy is one year old!  I simply can not believe how quickly this year has flown by.  I feel that I should have amazingly profound things to write to commemorate the 1st birthdate of Clayton James Olsta.  All that I can say is that I am amazed by this boy - his sweet smile; his delightful and cheerful personality; and the incredible amount of joy he brings to me (and Ryan) on a daily basis.  I am astounded by the changes that have occurred over this past year.  But most notably, I am amazed at how much I love this adorable boy.

Clayton's birthday celebration was stretched over several weeks.  It started when the gift we ordered arrived - we couldn't wait to give it to him.  He seems to love Wheely Bug - although he hasn't yet figured out how to ride the bug.  He just pushes it around and flicks the antenna.


On his actual birthday weekend, Ryan, Clayton and I boarded a plane and headed to Laguna Beach for a long weekend.  Clayton loved the airport and was happy to just hang out at the window staring out at the vehicles going by (and no, I didn't forget to put pants on my boy.  He was wearing pants when we left the house, but there was a slight mishap at the airport resulting in his pantless status).


In Laguna Beach, we had the pleasure of staying at the Ritz Carlton.


Check out the roll-away crib!  Nicest ever (Lisa - note the blanket that came with the crib).


Clayton spent his first birthday at the beach exploring the cold waters of the pacific ocean...


...and chasing seagulls (don't worry, no birds were captured or harmed during this adventure)....


...and eating fistfuls of sand.  Yum!


We came home on Wednesday and then headed back to Indiana over this past weekend to watch ND beat MSU!  Yeah Irish (finally!).  On the way home, we got to stop and visit Aunt Lisa, Uncle Breck, Eliza and Leo in Chicago.  Aunt Lisa and Eliza were sweet enough to back Clayton a birthday cupcake  - and Uncle Breck was nice enough not to eat them all before we got there!  Clayton wasn't to sure about the whole deal, but enjoyed the icing at least!





Happy Birthday Clayton James.  We love you!

September 2010
September 2011


Birth Stats: 8 pounds, 2 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long
12-month Stats: 25 pounds, 6 ounces and 32 inches long



2 comments:

Irene said...

Clayton has also added much joy to our lives. He is so fun to have around.

Oma & Opa

Lisa said...

Eliza loves the story of Clayton's birth and talks about visiting him in the hospital. Such a sweet time. And visits with him just get sweeter - especially as the boys begin to interact.